Presbyterian Ladies' College, Melbourne
|School Name:||Presbyterian Ladies' College, Melbourne|
|Location:||Burwood, Victoria, Australia|
|Motto:||Lex Dei Vitae Lampas (The law of God is the Lamp of Life)|
|Year Group:||ELC-Year 12|
|No. of Students:||1450|
|No. of Boarders:||122|
PLC's sporting program includes specialist sports such as sport aerobics fencing, triathlon, rowing, taekwondo, surf lifesaving and equestrian. PLC also participates in the full range of sports on offer by Girls' Sport Victoria: athletics, basketball, badminton, cricket, cross-country, diving, golf, hockey, netball, soccer, softball, swimming, indoor cricket, tennis, volleyball and water polo.
141 Burwood Highway, Burwood, VIC, 3125, Australia
+61 3 9808 5811
- As a Christian independent girls' school, Presbyterian Ladies' College aims to provide breadth, strength, balance and quality of education in both the national and international context for the purpose of encouraging leadership, service and life-long personal development and learning.
- At PLC the school believes that girls will thrive and achieve their best in an environment where they feel secure, valued and affi rmed. Within such a nurturing Christian environment girls are encouraged to develop a respect and concern for others, to acquire leadership skills and self discipline and to have a sensitive, informed understanding of other cultures.
- Entry to Senior School is usually at Year 7 which ensures access to the full curriculum offered, or at Year 9. Places are sometimes available at other levels to Year 11. Overseas students are encouraged to enter by Year 9 or Year 10 to give them the opportunity to become familiar with the language and culture before beginning either the Victorian Certifi cate of Education or the International Baccalaureate.
Please contact the Admission Office directly by email, by post or visit the School website for latest information.
- PLC's on-campus Boarding House provides a friendly, supportive home for over 100 girls from country Victoria, interstate and overseas and allows them to experience the College's educational opportunities literally at their door. Boarders learn a great deal about getting on with other people, develop independence and self-discipline and have a lot of fun.
- The boarders are cared for by the full-time Heads of Boarding, Mr and Mrs Curtis, a qualifi ed nursing sister, and understanding staff who are familiar with the needs and concerns of teenage girls.
2012 Boarding Fees & Tuition Fee (AUD$) Per Year