St. Margaret’s School
|School Name:||St. Margaret’s School|
|Location:||1080 Lucas Avenue, Victoria, British Columbia, BC V8X 3P7, Canada|
|Year Group:||Pre-School - Grade12|
|No. of Students:||379|
|No. of Boarders:||144|
Environmental Classroom, Greenhouse, Athletics Centre, Barbara Grant Barratt Learning Resource Centre, Four residence houses – Barton, Fenwick, French, and Pearce
|Director of Admissions:
1080 Lucas Avenue, Victoria, British Columbia, BC V8X 3P7, Canada
+1(250) 479 7171
- St. Margaret’s School is a community that cares deeply about girls; the school has been dedicated to education, development and well-being for over a century. Together, the school helps girls become powerful learners with the knowledge, attitudes and courage to thrive – in their studies and careers, and in life.
- Small-scale learning environment provides teachers with the fl exibility to personalize learning for each student – building upon individual passions, and challenging each girl to improve her own performance, exceed her own expectations and realize her own potential.
- Academic program is supported by experiential programs that provide opportunities for students to apply their knowledge, take on positions of responsibility and leadership, and develop a desire and a passion for making a difference. Each girl will discover a lot about herself, her peers and the world in which she lives through the experiences she has here.
- The school believes in the all girl environment, because the school sees the results every day. Here, girls have the freedom to be daring, explore, try new things and try on new roles. The school continually raises girls’ expectations of themselves, and has found that they are more than up for the challenge. They excel academically because they participate fully and enthusiastically in the classroom; they make challenging career choices because they are confi dent in their ability to succeed in any subject; and they believe in their futures because they are certain of their worth and their potential.
- Please contact the Admission Office directly by email, by post or visit the School website for latest information.
- Modern boarding schools offer students opportunities to stretch themselves personally and academically, and gain valuable life experiences that prepare them for the postsecondary environment and life beyond.
- Boarding schools offer an exceptional educational experience. In fact, more than 60% of boarding students enroll in a boarding school because of the promise of a better education. In a boarding school environment, learning is central to all activities – regular hours for classes, homework, and recreation make it easy for students to focus on their studies. Boarding students benefi t from greater interaction with their teachers and the experience of learning alongside motivated, likeminded peers.
- SMS offers a Residence Program for students in Grades 7-12 and the campus is home to a vibrant community of girls from all over the world.
2012/13 Canadian High School Boarding Fees# (CAD$) Per Year
|7th Grade (12/13 Years Old)||8th Grade (13/14 Years Old)||9th Grade (14/15 Years Old)||10th Grade (15-16 Years Old)||11th Grade (16-17 Years Old)||12th Grade (17-18 Years Old)|
Remark: #Inclusive of tuition and residence fee but exclusive of miscellaneous fees, such as uniform, extracurricular activities