St Mary's School, Shaftesbury
|School Name:||St Mary's School, Shaftesbury|
|Location:||Donhead St Mary, Shaftesbury, Dorset SP7 9LP, United Kingdom|
|Year Group:||Year 6 - Year 13|
|No. of Students:||333|
|No. of Boarders:||203|
Common Entrance Examination(UK), School exam or test, Interview
|Sixth Form Entry Requirement:
Admission is by means of an interview, testimonial and full academic report from the previous school, including GCSE predictions if the application is for Sixth Form entry.
|Director of Admissions:
Mrs Sally Awdry
Shaftesbury, Dorset SP7 9LP, United Kingdom
+44 (0)1747 852416, +44 (0)1747 857111
- St Mary's is one of the top performing independent schools in the county, using the English Baccalaureate introduced in 2010 as candidates achieved a 100% pass rate.
- Pupils compete at national and county level on the sports fi eld and a 25m indoor pool has just been built. Music is an important part of life at St Mary’s – the £1m complex housing individual practice rooms and a concert hall. Drama and art are also popular with frequent cultural trips.
- GCSE students are celebrating excellent GCSE results this year. Twice as many girls achieved A*- A grades compared with last year and in a staggering 86 of all units taken girls gained full marks. There were outstanding achievements particularly in separate Sciences, with 89% achieving A* - A.
- All candidates sit English, Mathematics and Verbal and Non Verbal reasoning Papers on St Mary’s Entrance Examination Day in January of each year. Papers are set to test a range of academic skills as entry is from a wide range of feeder schools, both public and state. Our assessment process aims to indicate academic potential.
- Admission is by means of an interview, testimonial and full academic report from the previous school, including GCSE mock results subject to fi nal grades for confi rmation for Sixth Form entry.
- Applicants of all ages from overseas for whom English is not their fi rst language will need to have an assessment of their verbal and written English.
- Art History, Biology, Chemistry, Classic, Design and Technology, Economics, English, Geography, History, Mathematics, Modern languages, Physics, Science school, Music, Theology
GCE AL Subject Choice
- Art, Art History, Biology, Chemistry, Design Technology, Economics, English, French, Geography, German, Greek, History, Latin, Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Music, Philosophy & Theology, Physics, Russian, Spanish
2012/13 Boarding Fees# (GBP£) Per Term (3 Terms Per Year)
Remark: #Inclusive of tuition fees but exclusive of miscellaneous fees, such as uniform, extracurricular activities